MOBILE APPLICATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS END USER SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (“LICENSE”) CAREFULLY BEFORE CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON OR DOWNLOADING OR USING THE CAREER BUDDY MOBILE APPLICATION OR WEB APPLICATION. (“APPLICATION”) ACCOMPANYING THIS LICENSE. BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON OR DOWNLOADING OR USING THE APPLICATION, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO AND AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT CLICK THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON OR DOWNLOAD OR USE THE APPLICATION.
2. License Grant and Restrictions on Use.
2.1 License Grant. FOCUS inspired grants You a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use the Application on a single Mobile Device owned and controlled by You, and to access and use the Application on such Mobile Device strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions of this License, the Usage Rules and any service agreement associated with your Mobile Device (collectively “Related Agreements”).
2.2 Restrictions on Use. You shall use the Application strictly in accordance with the terms of the Related Agreements and shall not: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the Application; (b) make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from the Application; (c) violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with Your access or use of the Application; (d) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) of FOCUS inspired or its affiliates, partners, suppliers or the licensors of the Application; (e) use the Application for any revenue generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it is not designed or intended; (f) [install, use or permit the Application to exist on more than one Mobile Device at a time or on any other mobile device or computer]; (g) [distribute the Application to multiple Mobile Devices]; (h) make the Application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple Mobile Devices or users at the same time; (i) use the Application for creating a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for any services, product or software offered by Company; (j) use the Application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail; or (k) use any proprietary information or interfaces of FOCUS inspired or other intellectual property of FOCUS inspired in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any applications, accessories or devices for use with the Application.
3. Intellectual Property Rights.
3.1 Rights to Application. You acknowledge and agree that the Application and all copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of FOCUS inspired. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Applications and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Application are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers. Except as expressly stated in this License, You are not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the Application by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the Application not expressly granted in this License are hereby reserved and retained by Company.
3.2 Third Party Software. The Application may utilize or include third party software that is subject to open source and Third party license terms (“Third Party Software”). You acknowledge and agree that Your right to use such Third Party Software as part of the Application is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the open-source or Third Party license applicable to such Third Party Software, including, without limitation, any applicable acknowledgements, license terms and disclaimers contained therein. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this License and the terms of such open source or Third Party licenses, the terms of the open-source or Third Party licenses shall control with regard to Your use of the relevant Third Party Software. In no event, shall the Application or components thereof be deemed to be “open source” or “publically available” software.
3.3 Company’s Marks. You are not authorized to use the FOCUS inspired trademarks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of Company, which may be withheld for any or no reason.
3.4 Infringement Acknowledgement. You and FOCUS inspired acknowledge and agree that, in the event of a third party claim that the Application or Your possession or use of the Application infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights, You (and not Company) will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such claim of intellectual property infringement. You will, however, promptly notify FOCUS inspired in writing of such a claim.
4. Restriction on Transfer. You may not rent, lease, lend, sublicense or transfer the Application, this License or any of the rights granted hereunder. Any attempted transfer in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect.
5. Use of Information.
5.1 Consent to Use Information. You hereby authorize and consent to the collection, storage and use, by FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, partners and agents, of any information and data related to or derived from Your use of the Application, and any information or data that You provide to FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, partners and licensors (“Information”). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Information shall include, without limitation, the following types of information and data, in an aggregate (not user level) form: search requests, search results, patterns, data and suggestions based on user actions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You shall not provide or disclose and the Information shall not include any information or data that is personally identifiable to You. The Information will be treated as being non-confidential and nonproprietary, and FOCUS inspired assumes no obligation to protect confidential or proprietary information (other than personally identifiable information) from disclosure and will be free to reproduce, use, and distribute the Information to others without restriction. We will also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the Information for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services incorporating such Information.
5.2 Unsubscribe from job alerts. Functionality in CareerBuddy may subscribe the email you provided to job alerts. If you would like to discontinue receiving job alerts, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in the job alert emails.
6. Third Party Content and Services.
6.1 General. You acknowledge that the Application permits access to products, services, websites, advertisements, promotions, recommendations, advice, information, and materials created and provided by advertisers, publishers, content partners, marketing agents, vendors and other third parties (“Third Party Content and Services”).
6.2 Disclaimer. You acknowledge that FOCUS inspired does not investigate, monitor, represent or endorse the Third Party Content and Services (including any third party websites available through the Application). Furthermore, Your access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services is at Your sole discretion and risk, and FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to You arising out of or in connection with Your access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services. FOCUS inspired hereby disclaims any representation, warranty or guarantee regarding the Third Party Content and Services, whether express, implied or statutory, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and any representation, warranty or guaranty regarding the availability, quality, reliability, features, appropriates, accuracy, completeness, or legality of the Third Party Content and Services.
6.3 Third Party Terms of Service. You acknowledge and agree that Your access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services and any correspondence or business dealings between You and any third party located using the Application are governed by and require Your acceptance of the terms of service of such third party, including, without limitation, any terms, privacy policies, conditions, representations, warranties or disclaimers contained therein. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that the Third Party Content and Services and any related third party terms of service are subject to change by the applicable third party at its sole discretion and without any notice. You assume all risks arising out of or resulting from your transaction of business over the Internet and with any third party, and you agree that FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors are not responsible or liable for any loss or result of the presence of information about or links to such advertisers or service providers. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that You are not being granted a license to (i) the Third Party Content and Services; (ii) any products, services, processes or technology described in or offered by the Third Party Content and Services; or (iii) any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right in the Third Party Content or Services or any products, services, processes or technology described or offered therein.
Note that Career Buddy currently uses the following Third Parties to process information:
Providing authentication through LinkedIn logins
6.4 Endorsements. You acknowledge and agree that the provision of access to any Third Party Content and Service shall not constitute or imply any endorsement by FOCUS inspired or its affiliates of such Third Party Content and Services. FOCUS inspired reserves the right to restrict or deny access to any Third Party Content and Services otherwise accessible through the Application, although FOCUS inspired has no obligation to restrict or deny access even if requested by You.
6.5 Inappropriate Materials. You understand that by accessing and using the Third Party Content and Services, You may encounter information, materials and subject matter (i) that You or others may deem offensive, indecent, or objectionable; (ii) which may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and (iii) that automatically and unintentionally appears in search results, as a link or reference to objectionable material. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You agree to use the Third Party Content and Services at Your sole risk and that FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to You for information, material or subject matter that is found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
6.6 Use of Third Party Content and Services. You agree that the Third Party Content and Services contain proprietary information and material that is owned by FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including, without limitation, pursuant to copyright, and that You will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the Third Party Content and Services. No portion of the Third Party Content and Services may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Third Party Content and Services, in any manner, and You shall not exploit the Third Party Content and Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including, without limitation, by trespass or burdening network capacity. You agree that You will not use any Third Party Content and Services in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that FOCUS inspired is not in any way responsible for any such use by You.
7. Term and Termination.
7.1 Term. This License shall be effective until terminated.
7.2 Termination. FOCUS inspired may, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, suspend or terminate this License and the rights afforded to You hereunder with or without prior notice. Furthermore, if You fail to comply with any terms and conditions of this License, then this License and any rights afforded to You hereunder shall terminate automatically, without any notice or other action by Company. Upon the termination of this License, You shall cease all use of the Application and uninstall the Application.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS’ AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND THAT YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON THE APPLICATION AND ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES ACCESSED THEREBY IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION. FOCUS INSPIRED AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRSENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND GUARANTIES REGARDING THE APPLICATION AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHERMORE, FOCUS INSPIRED AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPED, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL BE AS REPRESENTED OR MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (IV) ANY ERRORS IN THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONENT AND SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM FOCUS INSPIRED OR FROM THE APPLICATION SHALL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTY. FURTHERMORE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FOCUS INSPIRED SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OTHERWISE SUPPORT OR MAINTAIN THE APPLICATION.
9. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FOCUS INSPIRED OR ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APPLICATION AND ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT FOCUS INSPIRED WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, COMPANY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
10. Indemnification. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any claim, proceeding, loss, damage, fine, penalty, interest and expense (including, without limitation, fees for attorneys and other professional advisors) arising out of or in connection with the following: (i) Your access to or use of the Application or Third Party Content and Services; (ii) Your breach of this License; (iii) Your violation of law; (iv) Your negligence or willful misconduct; or (v) Your violation of the rights of a third party, including the infringement by You of any intellectual property or misappropriation of any proprietary right or trade secret of any person or entity. These obligations will survive any termination of the License.
11. Compatibility. FOCUS inspired does not warrant that the Application will be compatible or interoperable with Your Mobile Device or any other piece of hardware, software, equipment or device installed on or used in connection with your Mobile Device. Furthermore, You acknowledge that compatibility and interoperability problems can cause the performance of your Mobile Device to diminish or fail completely, and may result in permanent the damage to Your Mobile Device, loss of the data located on Your Mobile Device, and corruption of the software and files located on Your Mobile Device. You acknowledge and agree that FOCUS inspired and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to You for any losses suffered resulting from or arising in connection with compatibility or interoperability problems.
12. Product Claims. You acknowledge that You (not Company) are responsible for addressing any third party claims relating to Your use or possession of the Application, and agree to notify FOCUS inspired of any third party claims relating to the Application of which You become aware. Furthermore, You hereby release FOCUS inspired from any liability resulting from Your use or possession of the Application, including, without limitation, the following: (i) any product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) any claim arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
13. Business Listings. FOCUS inspired reserves the right, without liability to remove, reject and/or cancel any information in the listings that contain content or links which do not meet FOCUS inspired ‘s specifications, at FOCUS inspired ‘s sole discretion. FOCUS inspired ‘s sole liability under this Agreement shall be to refund the pro-rata portion of the subscription fee paid for the unfulfilled term to the extent that the content or links do not meet FOCUS inspired ’s specifications. However, in cases which involve fraudulent activity of any type, or inappropriate or content, no refunds will be provided. FOCUS inspired may redesign the FOCUS inspired Site at its sole discretion at any time. Users agree to the following:
a) Customers hereby grant FOCUS inspired and its affiliates the right to display Business Listing information on the FOCUS inspired Site, and any other FOCUS inspired branded Web sites, media, partner web sites, and emails that are related to FOCUS inspired. Failure by FOCUS inspired to publish any Business Listing information does not constitute a breach of contract or otherwise entitle Customer to any legal remedy.
b) Customer failure to comply with all applicable requirements of this Agreement may delay or prevent the display of the Business Listing and shall give FOCUS inspired the right to immediately terminate the applicable Agreement;
c) Customer shall be solely responsible for the content provided to FOCUS inspired for the Business Listing (including but not limited to a promotion or offer) and any web site linked to from such information, and Customer shall indemnify FOCUS inspired for all loss, costs, and damages in connection with any claims of infringement of any third party rights and any claims arising from the content (including but not limited to unfair or deceptive acts and practices and consumer protection claims). Customer represents, warrants and covenants to FOCUS inspired that at all times, (a) it is fully authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter of all requested information (including, without limitation, all text, URLs, and Internet sites to which URLs are linked); (b) all such materials and Internet sites comply with all applicable laws and regulations and do not violate the rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights) of any third party; (c) it has the full corporate rights, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of it hereunder, and its execution of this S.O. does not and will not violate any agreement to which it is a Party or by which it is otherwise bound, or any applicable law, rule or regulation; and (d) each such Internet site is controlled by Customer and operated by Customer or its independent contractors, is functional and accessible at all times, and is suitable in all respects to be linked to from the applicable site.
e) Public Announcements. Customer hereby grants FOCUS inspired permission to publicize the fact that it is a Business Listing customer of FOCUS inspired in a press release and or other promotional material. Customer shall not use, display or modify FOCUS inspired’s trademarks in any manner without the prior written consent of FOCUS inspired.
14.1 Governing Law. This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising in connection with it shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
14.2 Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be invalid or unenforceable with respect to a party, the remainder of this License or the application of such provision to persons other than those to whom it is held invalid or unenforceable shall not be affected and each remaining provision of this License shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14.3 Waiver. Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation under this License shall not effect a party’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute waiver of any subsequent breach.
14.4 Export Control. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Application except as authorized by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
14.5 Modification or Amendment. FOCUS inspired may modify or amend the terms of this License by posting a copy of the modified or amended License on the FOCUS inspired Application EULA website. You will be deemed to have agreed to any such modification or amendment by Your decision to continue using the Application following the date in which the modified or amended License is posted on the FOCUS inspired Application EULA website.
14.6 Survival. The following sections of this License and any other provisions of this License which by their express language or by their context are intended to survive the termination of this License shall survive such termination: 1, 2.2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 14.
14.7 Assignment. Except as permitted in Section 4, You shall not assign this License or any rights or obligations herein without the prior written consent of FOCUS inspired and any attempted assignment in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect.
14.8 Entire Agreement. This License including the documents incorporated herein by reference constitutes the entire agreement with respect to the use of the Application licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter.
14.8 Contact. For specific inquiries contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail
Privacy: FOCUS inspired
1004-3601 Hwy 7 East
Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 0M3
FOCUS inspired incorporated